How to claim income protection insurance
When you’re too ill or hurt to work, the last thing you need is the stress of unpaid bills.
Our income protection insurance is your safety net. It pays you a regular income when you’re unable to earn a living due to illness or injury.
Expenses like groceries, petrol, mortgage payments and school fees can be covered without you having to drastically downgrade your lifestyle or, worse still, sell off your assets.
What’s more, it’s easy to claim against your income protection insurance.
How do I claim my Income Insurance?
Please contact us as soon as you can. You won’t have to pay your premiums when your claim has has been accepted and you are receiving a benefit.
Call us on 13 77 87
and we’ll send you a claim form or get a claim form
online. Fill it out and send it back to us with the following supporting materials:
- A concise description of what’s happened to you
- A scan or photograph of your passport or another form of photo identification. You’ll need to print out if sending your claim via Australia Post
- Your most recent payslips or last year’s tax return and assessment notice
- For sickness and injury claims: Medical certificates or notes, relating to the claim. Tell your doctor(s) that you’ll be claiming on your income insurance so they know to provide all the relevant information
- For Involuntary Unemployment or redundancy claims: Separation Certificate and a letter from the company paymaster, personnel manager or Chief Executive explaining the circumstances of your involuntary unemployment
Send the claim form and support materials to us via email, fax or conventional mail:
+61 (03) 9284 9000
Reply Paid GPO Box 5380
Sydney NSW 2001
How long does it take?
We will start assessing your claim as soon as we receive it.
Usually the first payment is made into your bank account within 4 weeks of the end of the waiting period. Further payments are made once a month.
We’ll continue to pay for as long as you’re off work, for up 5 years for sickness and injury claims. All we ask is for medical progress reports so we know how you’re going with your recovery.
Sound good? Apply for income protection
right away, or get an income insurance quote.
If you need to make a claim - click here