If you have ever planned and paid for a funeral, you’ll know that it can be a surprisingly expensive and stressful event.
Fast cash when it’s needed
If you’d like to make sure that there's money available for your family to organise your funeral with when you're gone, funeral insurance
may be for you.
Just like other forms of insurance, you pay regular premiums – not a lump sum up front.
When the time comes, the amount you’re covered for is quickly paid out to the person you name as your beneficiary, usually within 24 hours of us receiving a valid, competed claim form.
As well as covering costs, having funeral insurance means you’re in control and can plan and budget for your funeral – right down to type of casket or urn, the flowers and the music. Your family and friends won’t have to worry about your send-off.
Taking out funeral insurance
with Insuranceline is easy and fast. You can choose a policy that covers:
- Other adult family members such as your partner or Grandmother
From the first day of your policy, you are covered for Accidental Death. If you pass away from other causes in the first 12 months, you will not be eligible for a payout but we will quickly refund to your family all of the premiums you paid up for Funeral Insurance up to that point.
Our funeral insurance is very straightforward. Payouts are:
- Made directly to your beneficiary to help cover funeral costs. If you haven’t nominated a beneficiary, we’ll pay the Policy Owner or their estate.
- The Insuranceline Value Promise means that at the time of a claim for the Funeral Insurance Benefit, we’ll pay the Funeral Insurance cover amount, plus any Bonus Cover, or 100% of the total Funeral Insurance premiums paid – whichever is greater. If you are looking for a lower cost option, you may choose a 70% Value Promise so that at the time of a claim for the Funeral Insurance Benefit, we’ll pay the greater of the Funeral Insurance cover amount, plus any Bonus Cover, or 70% of the Funeral Insurance premiums paid.+
- Generally sent within 24 hours of receiving a valid and completed claim.
- Up to $15,000, plus extras if you have selected them as part of your policy.
We strive to make the claiming process as stress-free as we can for your family.
As well as a fast policy payout, your loved ones will receive personal attention and assistance from an experienced Claims Manager.
Click here to get an online quote or give us a call on 13 77 87 to talk to our friendly staff.
Find out more about pre-paid funerals, funeral plans and funeral bonds.