If you have a complaint about your insurance or the service we've provided, please follow the steps below. We take your feedback seriously and will do all we can to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
If our customer service consultant can't resolve your complaint straight away, they can transfer you to a member of the IDR team.
Alternatively, you can write to us by sending us an email or via post: Complaints Officer, Insuranceline, Reply Paid GPO Box 5380 , Sydney NSW 2001
Please include the following information in your email or letter:
- The date and word 'Complaint' in the heading or subject line
- Your name and contact details, including your daytime phone number and email address
- An explanation of the issue, along with any relevant facts or documents
Please keep a copy of your letter and original documents for your records.
We'll respond, in writing within 48 hours, confirming that we've received your complaint. Our response will also include:
- Your policy or claim number
- A summary of the issue/s you've raised
- The date we received your letter or email
- Contact details for the Complaints Case Manager responsible for your case
- The time frame in which we'll aim to resolve your complaint. Depending on the policy you have with us, this will be 45 or 90 days
If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction within the 45 or 90 day time frame, you can escalate the issue to an external organisation: see Step 3 for details.
Time limits may apply to complaints to AFCA. You may wish to consult the AFCA website or contact AFCA directly to find out if there is a time limit on lodging a complaint with AFCA.
Yes. However, you will need to give us your verbal or written confirmation that you have authorised another person to pursue the complaint on your behalf.
If you do not want to receive Insuranceline telemarketing calls, please call us on 13 77 87 (8am - 6pm AEST, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). Or lodge a request via our online complaints form.