1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged between 18 and 80 years of age who are not existing InsuranceLine customers. Employees and their immediate families of InsuranceLine, the insurers, agencies, companies and related bodies corporate associated with the promotion are eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3. The promotion commences on Friday 18th July at 00:01 AM (AEST) and will conclude on Sunday 14th September 2014 at 23:59 PM (AEST) (the “Promotional Period”).
4. To be eligible to enter, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period submit an entry using any one of the following methods:
Kiosk at V8 Super Car events
All entries become the property of the Promoter.
5. The Promoter is TAL Direct Pty Limited t/as InsuranceLine (ABN 39 084 666 017) of Level 16, 363 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Telephone 1300 880 750.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process including but not limited to tampering by way of use of techniques designed to avoid the payment of SMS call costs or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete, non-genuine and incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid by the Promoter and ineligible for the promotion.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The Promoter is solely responsible for making, administering and fulfilling the offer. Neither of the insurers issuing the insurance policies are responsible for any aspect of this promotion.
11. SMS entries via the Internet are ineligible. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
12. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises, Level 22, 363 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 18/09/2014 at 3:00pm AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and the winners of prizes valued at over $250 will be published in The Australian on 25/09/2014. Any decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) people to the 2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and the 2014 Gold Coast 600. Total prize is valued at up to $15,000 depending on point of departure. The prize includes:
2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
2014 Gold Coast 600
Spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
14. Prize must be taken to coincide with each of the V8 events with flights departing on 09/10/2014 (for the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000) and on 24/10/2014 (for 2014 Gold Coast 600) and are subject to booking and flight availability.
15. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and any terms and conditions of the relevant service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of each accommodation check in.
16. If for any reason the winner does not take the major prize (or an element of the major prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the major prize (or that element of the major prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
17. The winner of the major prize containing the course car rides (“Activity”) and his/her companion (who must be 16 years of age or above regardless of parental permissions, to be able to participate in the Activity,) acknowledge that the Activity is a dangerous activity that may result in personal injury or death or damage to property and the winner and his/her companions participation is at their own risk. The winner and his/her companion must:
18. The Promoter and Activity organisers, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to:
19. Prize must be taken at the relevant V8 event and is subject to booking availability. If the Activity is varied for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
20. The next one hundred (100) valid entries drawn will each win the minor prize of a double pass to their choice of V8 Super car event up to the value of $320 for events that are scheduled to take place between 22/09/2014 and 30/06/2015. Any ancillary costs associated with taking a minor prize including but not limited any travel and or accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the winner and are not included.
21. All ticket prizes/prize elements are subject to the relevant event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion/s) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
22. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take and/or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
23. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. Total prize pool value is up to $47,000. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
25. A draw for the major prize if unclaimed may take place on 30/09/2014 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner (if one is required) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian on 02/10/2014.
26. A draw any unclaimed minor prizes may take place on 18/12/2014 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners (if any) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian on 23/12/2014.
27. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected prizes, including enquiries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of enquiries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
30. If, for any reason, this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to computer technical failures, fraud; delays in fulfilling material obligations where such delay is due to industrial action, fire, flood, war, public disaster, delay in transportation; or other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this offer, Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion to the extent permissible by law.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity or profit); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity or profit); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
33. As a condition of accepting the major prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
35. NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/05200, VIC Permit No. 14/4587, ACT Permit No. TP14/02309, SA Permit No. T14/1207