What Happens if I Don’t Have Funeral Insurance?
There are three things that might happen if you don’t have funeral insurance;
- Your family and/or friends pay for and organise your funeral, which could cost anywhere from $4,000 for a basic funeral, to $15,000¹ for something more swish
- Your funeral is paid for out of savings you've put aside
- If a person has no money or assets and there is no money to pay for a funeral, the government may pay for what is called a ‘destitute’ funeral which is very simple. Eligibility and funeral assistance varies by state.
It can be a different story if you have funeral insurance. Like other types of insurance you pay regular premiums for a fixed amount of cover. The Insuranceline Value Promise means means that at the time of a claim for the Funeral Insurance Benefit, we’ll pay the Funeral Insurance Cover Amount, plus any Bonus Cover, or 100% of the premiums paid toward your Funeral Insurance cover – whichever is greater.
If you are looking for a lower cost option, you may choose a 70% Value Promise so that at the time of a claim for the Funeral Insurance Benefit, we’ll pay the greater of the Funeral Insurance Cover Amount, plus any Bonus Cover, or 70% of the premiums paid toward your Funeral Insurance cover.+
Alternatives to funeral insurance are a pre-paid funeral plan and a funeral bond. But there can be disadvantages with both of these options.
Compare the benefits of funeral insurance with pre-paid funeral and funeral bonds.
Funeral insurance is a simple solution
Our funeral insurance is a simple and straightforward solution with valuable benefits for both you and your family.
Compare ways to pay for your funeral
- Your loved ones are spared an expense at a difficult and stressful time
- You’re in control and can plan your funeral so it happens just the way you want it, with money in the kitty to do so
- Your family can count on us - the money is generally paid out within 24 hours of a valid and completed claim being received by the claims team, so your family can pay costs upfront.
- Premiums are level, meaning they are based on your age when cover starts. With Insuranceline, as long as you don’t make any changes to your cover, your premium won’t go up just because you get older.**
- Choose the amount and premium payment plan you can afford.
- You’re covered right away for Accidental Death. If you die from other causes within 12 months, there’s no payout but we’ll refund all your Funeral Insurance premiums to your beneficiary.
- Cover, with no medical or health questions if you’re aged 25 to 80 and an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen residing in Australia.
- Get a 5% discount for you and your partner when you cover your partner under the same funeral insurance policy.#
Is funeral insurance for me?
Funeral insurance can be a convenient way to spare your family from an expense that might cause them financial stress.
If, like many people, you don’t have thousands of dollars at hand, then funeral insurance can be a simple and affordable way to cover the costs of a funeral.
to get an online quote or give us a call on 13 77 87
to talk to our friendly staff.