Make a Life Insurance claim

If you’ve recently had someone pass away, we’re sorry for your loss. We’ll do everything we can to make things as easy as possible.

To make a life insurance claim, just follow these simple steps.

Step 1. Contact us
Call us on 13 77 87 to let us know you’ll be making a claim. We will stop collecting premiums until the claim has been processed.

Step 2. Send us the details
When you’re ready, please send us the following original documents: 

• A completed Claim Form.
• A certified copy of the Death Certificate, Medical Attendant’s Certificate or another document showing evidence of death.
• A certified copy of the deceased’s birth certificate, passport or another document showing their age.
• A certified copy of proof of your identity and your relationship to the deceased.
• A certified copy is a copy signed and stamped by a Justice of the Peace (JP) who has checked it against the original document.

You can send these details to us via:

Fax: 1800 245 662

Mail: Claims
          Reply Paid 62
          Carlton South VIC 3053
          (No stamp required)

We will start assessing your claim immediately after we have received the required documents, and will contact you if we need any more information.

Do you need help?
If you need assistance with your claim, please call us on 13 77 87 between 8am and 8pm EST, Monday to Friday.

We know that adjusting after someone dies is never easy, but help is never far away.

If you’re in financial difficulties, CentreLink may be able to help you with a bereavement payment, bereavement allowance or a widow’s allowance. For more information, call CentreLink on 13 28 50.